"Life is full of possibilities but you never get yours." Charlie brown
Have you ever felt like your life stopped?
Have you thought that life is full of possibilities but that it is not for you?
There are many people who are arrested in life, daily I receive emails requesting help, people who do not know what to do, who have been abandoned by their partner, who lost their jobs, who are in debt, that everything goes wrong, the only thing that they see are problems and more problems.
Noted leader and writer John C. Maxwell says: "People do not need to change their problems, but their perspectives."
I particularly believe that we need to change our way of thinking about life, problems were made to be solved, even death has a solution because if you are in Christ you must know that you have eternal life, then I ask you: Why do you make your life stop? ? Why fall into negativism? If you think something is going to go wrong it will surely go wrong.
The Bible says: "What the wicked fears, that will come to him; But the righteous will be given what they desire. " Proverbs 10:24.
My question now:
What do you want in life?
Do you want to stay put, or do you want to keep moving forward regardless of crises, problems, and failures?
I have bad and good news for you, the bad news is that problems will always exist as long as you live on this earth and the good news is that you have the ability to get ahead.
You can choose to remain collapsed thinking that the world is over, crying uncontrollably, waiting to see if your friends help you in that difficult moment or you can also choose to seek God, seek his wisdom and seek opportunities to show the virtues and talents that He has given you.
Someone said: "Adversity has the gift of awakening talents that in prosperity would have remained dormant."
I will give you some ideas that can help your life continue:
1. Think of failure as a disease for which there is a vaccine.. Just because you fail does not mean that you are a failure. If you failed in a business it does not mean that you are not good for business, the same applies to a relationship. We can learn from failures. When we learn from them we are strong. “For seven times the righteous fall and rise again; but the wicked sink into disgrace " Proverbs 24:16.
2. Consider the possibility that even if the dream takes a long time to come true, one day it will come true. Do not despair, fill yourself with patience but do not stay still, persevere in your life mission. Life is a process and nothing great was ever achieved immediately, it requires work, time, talent and treasure. Most people want things to be solved immediately when the problem has been ingrained in their life for a long time, we have to work on our life first and then with the people around me. Consider being a person of faith, it is never too late to achieve your dreams. It is never too late to save your marriage, it is never too late to settle with your creditors and pay off your debts, it is never too late to start and try again.
3. Take off the label of loser or loser, avoid falling into self-pity. The reality is that we all fail, fall, stumble, and make mistakes. The important thing is not the fall but how many times you get up. Falls are part of our learning to walk, of course they hurt but do not fall into "poor thing or poor me" "I'm a failure!" "Nobody loves Me". "I will not fall in love again". Play the game. How about ... my marriage is a blessing, my business is growing, I have great friends, I am a winner, I am debt free, put on the winner tag.
4. Avoid being a reactive person, become a proactive person. Most of the people in the moments of crisis their natural tendency is to react, developing feelings of frustration and annoyance, then they go into doubt and panic, being paralyzed. Life is 90% of how I react to circumstances. Before you react with fear and anxiety, act by taking encouraging and bold steps forward.
"We cannot direct the wind, nor can anyone make it dawn, but we can adjust the sails and enjoy each awakening."Stephen Covey
To adjust the candles and enjoy each awakening do the following:
Love yourself and let go of your past (failure). You can do nothing to change it, the past does not return. What you can do is live in the present and anticipate the future. Do not live thinking about what could have been, value the life you have.
Be strong in God's promises. Do not complain about the situation, stop focusing on the problems and look for the blessings that God has left you in his Word. Own the promises of God.
Ask yourself questions that lead to better choices. Instead of feeling worried about the problems, afraid of the situation you are experiencing, take the time to study and analyze what you are experiencing. Ask yourself questions as many times as you want until you find the answers that help you choose the future you want. What would Jesus do in this situation? What can I learn from all this?
Look for opportunities and create a five-step action plan. Every day the sun rises, so today is the best day to start over. Faith without works is dead.
5. Remember, you can turn failure into success. Failure is not a permanent condition. You can re-invent yourself, apply resilience. No matter what happened, all that is left behind you have options and the power to choose. The key is to cultivate the art of seeing problems. Stop living with the belief that you are 'helpless', 'broke', that you are 'a failure'. Trade all of that for the idea that you are ready for work, your finances are healthy, your family is the best. Think of activity, movement; visualize: work and service. Trust that God is with you and you will see that everything comes to pass.
Now, we know that God works all things for the good of those who love him, those who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 (NIV)
Finally, remember that life goes on, life does not stop, your heart keeps beating, if you want to improve your life you must move forward, even risk failure. Stop thinking like Charlie Brown and get the life you want.
"Life is a daring adventure or is it nothing" Helen Keller.
Live life fully, without reservation, with enthusiasm!
In love and leadership,
Lecturer and Leadership and Coaching Trainer. Founder and Director of the Center for Creative Leadership. Pastor of the Las Buenas Nuevas International Family Center, Panama.
Contact: [email protected]